Per Directive from Ghana Revenue Authority, effective 1st June 2019, the Government of Ghana, acting through MESTI and the EPA is implementing a country of origin inspection and receipt of advance eWaste levy on Electrical and Electronic Equipment (EEE) and tyres imported into the country. The registration of products, payment of the levy and receipt of e-waste certificates are to be done on the SGS Exporter Portal platform at this link https://exporter-portal.sgs.com, by the exporter.
Declarations cannot be processed without a valid eWaste certificate number captured at the item level in GICCS.
For further information, please contact Larry 0501301567, Franklin 0246270977, the EPA Accra East Office in Tema-Community 2, near white house or PDS regional office.
Please also find attached guideline for registration on the portal and submitting applications. Applications are to be done by the exporter.
Ø Registration of products, payment of eco levy and receipt of Renovo certificate are to be done on the Renovo Exporter Portal platform at below link.
Ø Shared link: https://exporter-portal.sgs.com/communication/#!/home
Ø After submitting your request, you will receive an Eco-Levy Assessment giving the details of the transaction, the eco-levy amount and the bank account details where to transfer them.
Ø Registration of goods into the Renovo platform, will take into consideration the proper process according to the goods condition as:
- Brand new – Goods declared as new will be exempted from physical inspection.
- Used – Goods declared as used will trigger physical inspection in the country of origin.
- Waste – SGS will notify EPA of any shipment of goods declared as waste. The exporter shall directly enter in contact with EPA concerning this shipment.
For further clarification or issues on the Renovo program, you can contact your local SGS office in country of Origin.
With the kind collaboration of ALN members:
- Youssouf Soumahoro, KBS Guinée from Guinea;
- Jacob Seddoh, Logical Maritime Services Ltd. from Ghana;
- Frank Sarpong, Fame Logistics Ltd. from Ghana.