Origin: CHINA (Tianjin / Shanghai / Dalian)
Destination: INDIA (Nhava Sheva)
No. of Containers: 80
Volume Split: 38×40 FR + 35×40’HC + 7x40OT
All put together from above ports.
Challenges SAR faced :
- To find appropriate shipping line to do business of such a huge volume.
- Negotiate and close this biz with a fair rates and longer validity (which is next impossible at present scenario where prices are changing every day).
- To arrange containers considering severe shortage of equipment from China.
- Managed customer interest to keep the biz live with them, as China is facing lots of blank sailing, it’s difficult to keep customer pacified.
- To gate in the containers on time on vessel to avoid penalty (which may incur due to heavy slot loss).
SAR succeeded in overcome above tuff challenges with expertise and ease by ensuring timely arrival of containers at destination as per schedule.
There are more such projects which they did and also some in pipeline (work in progress).
SAR is just not a freight forwarding company but a specialized project carrier…
Watch the VIDEO!